We are excited to welcome back Ann S. Anagnost, anthropology professor at UW, for another cultural cooking class, this time on Mediterranean cuisine. Professor Anagnost conducts research as well as teaches about the cultural politics of diet and nutrition. She also directs a study abroad program every fall in Rome on the Politics of Food.
Hear about the culture of this region as well as cook a full Mediterranean-inspired meal (lots of vegetarian options).
2 CEUs provided & full meal!
The SPU Food Lab is in the basement of “Hall” across from the traffic loop. SPU is at 3307 3rd Ave W., Seattle, WA 98119
Cost: $15 GSDA members, $25 non-members. Prepay here.
Help us spread the word! Like and share our Facebook listing for this event.
Our 2017 Spring Conference will showcase 2 speakers:
- Maureen E Chomko, RD, CDE on counseling and motivational interviewing for individuals with diabetes.
- Lori Taylor, MA/MS, RD, CD, CSO on the impact to humans by our food environment.
Both will speak for 60 minutes with time available for questions & networking.
Location: Beach Board Room, 999 3rd Ave #700, Seattle, WA 98104
2 CEUs provided…along with snacks & salads.
Seattle RDNs will be well represented at this year’s conference! Among the speakers are the GSDA board’s own:
- Chair-elect Angel Planells, MS, RDN
- Media/Communications chair Carrie Dennett, MPH, RDN, CD
- Legislative chair Chris Vogliano, MS, RDN, LD
And…GSDA chair Marissa Beck will be honored as the Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year. Yay Marissa!
All the information you need to register is right here. You don’t want to miss this!